The Kirwan Commission effort resulted in the following recommendations, that for the most part are included in HB1415. I consider all of the following critical to accomplishing real equity and to ensuring that students are life ready.
The reality: We cannot fund all of the programs under our existing MOE calculation.
My position: If elected, I will work with our County, State and community to advance plans addressing the need for State and grant provided fund multipliers.
- New Teacher Recruitment Program
- K-8 Literacy Grant Program
- Mandated Level Funding for Prekindergarten Grant Programs
- Concentration of Poverty Grants
- Teaching Fellows for Maryland Scholarship Program
- Career and Technical Education Grant Program
- Special Education Study Extension
- Kirwan Commission Extension